Saturday, January 5, 2013

Numbers 18, 19, 89


Wow!  I have not blogged about any of my projects since September!  I've been a slacker.  I haven't even thought about my list in the longest time and didn't realize that I had a few things on the list I could mark off.  So where do I start?  Let's start from the least exciting...

First, I got a nice new Keurig plus a ton, ton, ton of coffee!  I LOVE it.  I love it so much, day 2 with my Keurig, I drank about 5 cups of the different drinks I had and got very sick.  Oops...overdid it just a little bit.   My favorite drink (and I highly recommend it if you have a Keurig):  Cafe Escapes - Cafe Caramel.  YUMMY!  However, it is a tad more fattening than the plain coffee.

Secondly, I got a New Year's kiss from James Paul.  New Year's Eve 2011, we decided not to be together.  So, he stayed with his family, I stayed with mine which meant no sugies to bring in the New Year.  Well, this year I got it, but it was not very exciting.  I was SICK and told him not to even come near me actually, but he insisted.  Sweet boy knew how bad I wanted a New Year's kiss before I was sick, so he thought it was important I got one.

Last:  I got that bug, ugly TV out of my shed.  That sounds exciting, right?  No, not really.  And it wasn't an exciting thing, but what an eventful day that was!  I had been on an overnight work trip to Louisiana (and sick - Alabama weather really kills my sinuses) and returned home tired and ill.  The electric fence had not been working and Riley was hitting his body as hard as he could against my semi-new sliding glass doors.  Set off #1.  Anyway, being the sweet roomie that I am, I had decided that even though I was sick, I was going to get all the Christmas decorations out because the roommates had wanted to decorate a little early so that they had plenty of time to enjoy it before going home for the holidays.  I opened up the shed only to find a jumbled up mess.  I couldn't get to any of the decorations.  Set off #2.  So, I'm sick, tired from traveling, and MAD.  I notice that big TV in the corner of my eye and decide it has to get gone right then and there, and I am going to do it all by myself.  Well, it was a lot heaver than I thought and I couldn't slide it through the yard to the street.  So, I decided to try to shimmy it through the yard.  In the process, I pulled the TV over my foot, snagging my toenail.  I have lost a toenail before, but this was worse.  The nail stayed in tact, but was ripped from the skin a little.  It hurt and bled worse than when I actually lost my toenail.  That's been two months ago, and I still have a nasty brown toenail, but I've still got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment