Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Numbers 13, 17, 44, 46, 88, 90 and 93 - It's been a while

So let's start with the one that's really no big deal.  Number 88 - send Christmas cards to family and friends.  This was a gimme so that I could mark at least one off my list.  If you got a Christmas card from me last Christmas, consider yourself very loved.  :)

Number 13 - Put a mantle on the fireplace.  So I got this mantle from my great aunt's house and up until last week, it's been leaning against the fire place - but I've still kept it decorated.  Now it's mounted to the fireplace and looks better than ever.  I won't be able to enjoy it since I'm moving out, but it sure looks nice!

Number 17 - take one photo a day for a year.  If you follow me on Instagram, I apologize for the obnoxious #bde101in1001 hashtag you saw ALL YEAR LONG in 2013.  So, if you want to hop on over to Instragram and check out what I did every day last year, just type that hashtag in and there ya go!

Number 90 - donate blood.  Another silly one, but donating blood used to be something I did every time I could.  I started slacking a bit, but was able to give here recently at the TCS blood drive.

Number 93 - Dye Easter Eggs - something I haven't done in years and years.  Kayla and I dyed them this year.  We probably broke 5 and dad was very unhappy with the mess we made.  It was good sister time, though.

Speaking of my sister - Number 44 - Have lunch with her!  In March, I had a job interview in Hoover and decided to take the entire day off.  I was able to go meet Kayla's work friends and have lunch with her.  This was something I so very much loved when she lived with me in Tuscaloosa.  Finally, we are able to spend lots more time together since we're neighbors.  I'm looking forward to a lot more dates with her!

And finally....the one WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR....

NUMBER 46 - GET ENGAGED!

Y'all know this is the only one on my list I truly cared about :)  And by now, this is old news because I'm a big slacker when it comes to updating this for everyone to know.  On March 16th, James Paul proposed to me in the house we are remodeling.  It was the perfect day and I was completely surprised.  He even allowed my mom to be there to take pictures - something I had requested though never thought he would do.  We are getting married on December 13, 2014 (12/13/14 - cool huh?) at his home church in Buhl.  Things are rocking and rolling for me.  I've already got the dress and picked out the dresses for my girls.  If you haven't already, check out our website on the knot for a longer version of the proposal story and other information about our wedding www.theknot.com/wedding/englebert-mills.

Paul proposing 

Wedding dress shopping!






No comments:

Post a Comment