Monday, September 2, 2013

Numbers 49, 51, 71, 76, and 85

So I've been slacking a little - on completing goals and blogging about the ones I have done.  It's time to get my butt in gear and start marking things off this list!

Number 49 Get A Pedicure - For Kayla's wedding, I decided to get my nails and toes done.  Mom, Kayla and I went together and it felt absolutely amazing!  And my feet were oh so soft.  However, even after asking them not to touch my gimp toe (remember the TV story?) they did anyway, and a few weeks later I had a horrible ingrown toenail (or something like it) KILLING my toe.  It hurt so badly.  I'm seriously not sure that I'll ever have a pedi again.



Number 51 Go On A Hike - Last weekend Paul and I took advantage of the beautiful semi-cool weather and went over to the Arboretum for a nice little hike.  This was only our second time over there, but it's such a nice place and only 2 minutes from my house.  I need to start going there more often.  This time, we decided to take the dogs.  Mellie has learned very well over the years how to walk on a leash.  She went from the absolute worst walker to a very well-trained walker.  Todd, on the other hand, has probably  never been on a leash.  He was ready to pull Paul down.  I think by the end of the trail, though, he was much better.  We didn't see much wildlife other than birds, but we saw LOTS and LOTS of SPIDERS and walked through many a spider web.  FYI - Paul is a total girl when it comes to spiders, so every time he accidentally walked through a spider web, I was very entertained!

Number 71 Buy New Furniture For The Front Living Room - When Kayla lived here, we made an agreement that she could take the red furniture in the front living room when she moved out.  It was a hand-me-down from mom and dad and Kayla always loved it.  So when move out day came she was going to take it and I was going to have an empty room.  A friend of Paul's gave us some furniture to try.  Y'all, my grandma had this same couch back in the day, and while it may have been lovely back then, it is AWFUL now.  Other than it having the ugliest pattern in the world, the couch was nice - clean, no smells - so, I thought I would just buy a slipcover.  Well, I bought a slipcover and it basically looked like I just draped a sheet right over it.  No thanks!  Mom had also found a nice oversized chair at an estate sale.  Again, it was in great condition and they only charged us $60, so we took it!  So - I didn't buy a bunch of new furniture.  I spent $60 on one chair and the rest is furniture that was in other rooms around the house and an entertainment center from my shed.  I seriously am in love with that little room.  It's a great sitting room and oh so comfy!

Number 76 Eat At City Cafe - I finally at at City Cafe!  Can y'all Tuscaloosians believe that in the 5 years I've lived here, I just now visited them?  I can't believe it.  I was missing out!  The food was delicious and Oh so cheap!  The downside - fighting the crowd.  However, we got lucky and only waited about 5 minutes for a seat.  I'll be visiting again soon!


Number 85 Host A Pampered Chef Party - Well, how about we revise this to "Host an Initial Outfitters Party"?  Or how about "Become a Direct Salesperson for Initial Outfitters?"  Y'all, I could go broke on all the cute jewelry and gifts we sell.  If you haven't checked out my website, do it now (www.InitialOutfitters.net/BRITT), and then scheduled a party because our hostess rewards are INCREDIBLE!

I still have over 70 things to mark off my list and a little over a year to do so.  It's time to get on the ball!  Hope y'all enjoyed keeping up with my project 0 list from the past couple of months.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Love city cafe! The lines look.scary but it doesnt take long to get a table.

    ReplyDelete